Why You Need to Have a Proper Sitemap for Your Website
- You should never have to create a sitemap manually 01:04
- So Google knows which pages to index 01:52
- Obviously, you want Google to be able to index the correct pages on your website.
- One thing that you may not think about though is index errors.
- By default, Google will index your whole site, and this may return some errors.
- Also, you might not want every page on your website to be indexed. In your SEO plugin, you can specify which pages to include or not include in your sitemap. You want to only index the pages that you have content for, so your sitemap is as lean as possible.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!