How to Get Started with WordPress in Three Steps
- Get hosting 00:59
- The first thing you want to do when you get started with WordPress is to choose a hosting company.
- We recommend WP Engine. It is a top tier hosting platform that comes with many great features.
- Download WordPress 01:24
- You can head over to the WordPress website, or install right from WP Engine!
- These are two trusted methods of installing WordPress.
- Be wary of other 3rd party install softwares or plugins. They can have vulnerabilities and install extra software that will bloat your website.
- Choose a theme framework 02:33
- There are many different themes out there, but our favorite by far is the Divi theme.
- It is just an all around great platform with many features that make building and designing websites very easy.
- Check out these YouTube channels for more info on getting started 03:13
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!