5 Things Every Local Business Website Needs Above the Fold
- What does “above the fold” mean? 00:33
- This refers to everything on the website that a user sees before scrolling down the website.
- You want this important information above the fold in case the visitor does not scroll further down.
- Phone number 01:13
- You want to make sure that this is easily visible on every page.
- If someone is visiting your site on a mobile device, they are most likely looking for some specific information on your local business website and may want to call you for more details.
- Address 01:58
- Having your address prominent above the fold is crucial for local businesses.
- Visitors need to know where you are located, so they can visit your business.
- Hours of operation 02:11
- If you have a physical location, people will come to your local business website to check for your hours of operation. Make this easy to locate on your website.
- Email sign up 02:55
- You need to have some sort of call to action above the fold.
- Yelp Reviews 03:27
- This is only relevant to certain types of local businesses, but for restaurants, services, etc, Yelp reviews will be really important to your potential customers.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!